How much does it cost to live in Colorado Lake Cooperative?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays three charges.
- The first is the Application Fee of $45 for each adult in the home.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee of $100. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- The third charge is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, water, sewer, trash/recycling collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments. Lot rent is currently $514 per month.
- Trash and recycling is collected in bins provided by Republic Waste Disposal every Wednesday. This is included in the lot rent.
- Utilities like internet, cable, phone, electricity and natural gas are all billed to you directly. (Alyrica Networks is one of the internet options you have in Colorado Lake Cooperative. A small discount is provided to residents by Alyrica, and after paying the connection fee directly to Alyrica, you can add the monthly service fee to the monthly lot rent.)
- Colorado Lake Cooperative has storage for RVs available. Storage is in a locked, gated area near the entrance to the community. The charge for RV storage is $15 per month, and this is paid with your lot rent.
- We have a say in when and why our rent changes.
- Cooperative Management, Inc., collects monthly lot rent, accepts applications for Membership, conducts background and financial checks for prospective Members and enforces Community Rules. Lot rent is paid monthly by mail, online (please contact Cooperative Management directly) or by placing a check in the drop-box across from the Community Room. To reach Cooperative Management, call 541.425.7272. Checks can be mailed to 1010 Airport Road SE, Albany, OR 97322.
- Before submitting an application, please read our Community Rules, especially as they relate to maintenance of homes and lots.
- Find out more about the application process, and read the Community Rules, here.